Quite a few of my friends are extremely resistant to try a cruise on a cruise ship. I understand that since I was in that group for a very long time. You think to yourself “It can’t possibly be that different. Why should I try it?” Well here’s 10 reasons why you should.
- The ship is built for fun not a 6-9 month deployment in all the world’s trouble spots.
- There are no exposed pipes visible to passengers, no racks, and you actually have a bathroom attached to your stateroom.
- You are not part of the crew. The only muster you have to do is the lifeboat drill on the first day before you leave port. There are no meetings you have to attend. There is no watch standing. Your only job on the ship is to have a good time.
- You can drink and gamble. Enough said.
- There is no duty when you arrive in port. All that is required of you is to have a good time.
- You get to take your family with you…unless you don’t want to. That’s your call.
- Swimming is done in actual pools vice at a swim call in the well deck or over the side. When was the last time you saw a waterslide on anything gray?
- There is a spa. Again when was the last time you saw one of those on anything gray?
- There is no piping. However you might hear “It’s bingo time” at least 4 times a day. The jury is still out for me on which one I would rather hear.
- The food is top notch. The chef’s are phenomenal, the food is fresh, and food is available all the time. The 21 day rotating menu is no where in sight.
There are many more reasons to try a cruise. These are just the ones I came up with. If you are traveling with multiple generations or multiple families, a cruise might just be the best fit for you. There is something for everyone and you don’t have to worry so much about getting everyone where they need to be. The cruise ship wants you to have a good time and will help you out with whatever you need.